- A unique opportunity to work on a creative Masters degree programme and gain feature film experience.
- Working as a creative and technical production team you will produce a feature length film ready for distribution.
- You will work with industry mentors and award winning technical and creative staff.
- The masters programme will provide you with the skills and experience to pursue a career in feature film pre/production/post.
The MA in Feature Film Production is a new and innovative post graduate course in feature film production. The course offers exciting opportunities to engage in a host of jobs and roles associated with filmmaking.
The course aims to provide you with enhanced competency and creative proficiency to postgraduate level in digital feature film production. In other words, you will make a feature film during your post-graduate study - learning about production and the film business as you progress. As a production team you will take on the roles involved in creating a feature film from script development to packaging and distribution. Experienced industry experts will act as mentors throughout the process.
This course provides enhanced film production competency and creative proficiency to postgraduate level in digital feature film production.
- Develop advanced skills in feature film production, post-production and sound design.
- Deliver a critical and theoretical knowledge of micro budget digital feature film production.
- Address the skills required in budgeting and marketing of feature films.
- Develop advanced practical and theoretical skills in digital workflow implications, production logistics and production and post production technologies.
- Engender professional development skills and practices in relation to a career in the rapidly expanding and changing digital feature film industry.
Feature Film Pre-Production
You will Learn to write, develop and edit a feature length script, including pre-production planning, digital feature film budgeting, a shooting script and other associated pre-production planning documents.
Research Methods Seminar
Learn about the practice of a postgraduate study including literature reviews and quantitative/qualitative methodology.
Negotiated Learning - Film Production
You will research into an agreed subject area and complete testing to prove the validity of the research. The purpose of the Negotiated Study module is for students to explore a specific area within their chosen specialism.
You will explore the theoretical and practical problems associated with filmmaking. Learn advanced cinematography skills, feature film production history and current trends.
Advanced Post Production
You will research digital techniques in film and video editing. The development and influence of digital film post production will be contextualised alongside historical techniques in sound and image
Feature Film Production Project
You will take on a specific role in the production of a feature film and support your fellow filmmakers. You will make major creative and technical decisions related to the final feature film working as part of a large team often completing task ranging from simple to complex.