"My name is Suraja Nagesar and I'm from Suriname. In the summer semester 2018 I came with the Erasmus+ Exchange programme to study at the Silesian University of Technology (SUT).
For one semester I had courses at the Faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics and Computer Science. In the mean time I also did my final project. And I'm proud to say that I completed everything successfully at one of the best technical universities in Poland.
The following are the reasons why I love the SUT:
- A wide range of courses available;
- The quality of the education is very good;
- The staff is friendly, helpful and very understanding;
- The campus is beautiful;
- For Erasmus students there are special Erasmus consultation hours. So if you have questions
- do not worry, just feel free to ask them during the consultation hours;
- The IMO was available for me as an international student whether I had an issue or uncertainty.
My stay in Poland was educational and very pleasant. The SUT has a lot of international students and I was able to increase my network. I learned a lot about the Polish culture and the other cultures. Furthermore, I enjoyed the activities that were held for students. My time at the SUT can be seen as one the best things that I experienced. If I ever get the chance to visit Poland again, I will not hesitate."