It will equip you with a thorough knowledge and understanding of the nature and context of international business, the principal management functions and the skills required for effective management in multi-national organisations. Students from this course will gain an appreciation of the various social, cultural, economic, and legal complexities which face managers working within the highly competitive international environment. You will also gain invaluable, real world experience of working within culturally diverse environments.
What you will study
- Management Development Programme
- Business Ethics
- Introductory Economics
- The Financial Environment
- Introduction to Management
- Management Concepts
- People Management
- International Business
- Semester 1 will be spent undertaking a period of Study Abroad with a partner foreign university
- Semester 2 will require you to return to Robert Gordon University to undertake modules in:
- Business Law
- Business Economics or Business Finance
- The European Union.
- Placement Students -
- Management Report
- Research Methods
- Non Placement Students -
- Business Research and Professional Development
- Ethics & The Consumer
- International Trading
- and an Option Module;
- Entrepreneurship in the Global Economy
- Management of Innovation
- Management of Change
- International Retailing
- Study Abroad Students -
- Year 3 may be spent undertaking Study Abroad with a partner foreign university.
- International Business Strategy
- International Logistics Management
- International Organisations
- Cultural Aspects of International Management
- International HRM or International Marketing
- International Finance or International Trade Law or The Economics of International Trade & Business
SQA Higher BBCC
GCE A Level CCC
ILC Higher BBC1C1
IB Diploma 26
Alternative Qualifications: Overseas qualifications and access programmes will be considered on an individual basis. Applications welcomed from students with alternative qualifications and relevant work experience.
Degree Link Programme: Appropriate HND qualifications from one of our partner FE Colleges will be considered for year 3 entry. Students will follow the class-based taught route as an alternative to a placement.
Placements and accreditations
The optional, salaried work placement in year 3 brings a sense of realism and dynamism to your course and is highly regarded by employers as preparation for employment. As an International Business Management student you may be undertaking a placement abroad or locally/nationally with an organisation which operates internationally. You may work within a wide range of business functions and may work within a small, medium or large organisation in the private sector.
Fees and bursaries
- New students: £1820 for academic year 2010/11
Students from Scotland and the EU are not liable to pay fees and should apply to SAAS for funding.
If you are from England, Wales or Northern Ireland you should apply to the appropriate funding body.
- England - http://www.studentfinanceengland.co.uk/
- Wales - http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/
- Northern Ireland - http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/
- New students: £8650 for academic year 2010/11
The above tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
If you are already a student at Robert Gordon University, you can find information on fees for academic year 2010/11 on the Student Finance web pages.
A number of scholarships are available to students studying within the Management Programme many of which include a placement and financial funding during your course. The following scholarships are available to students on this course:
- KCA Deutag
- The Fiona Fuller Business Scholarship sponsored by Pöyry
- The Stewart Milne Group Scholarship
How to apply
All applications should be made through UCAS. All applicants must apply online at http://www.ucas.com/students/apply. Once you register and create your username and password you are guided through the process of applying. After submission, log in to your UCAS Track account and you can see the progress of your application, view and respond to your offers.