There is an emphasis on providing Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and is fully accredited by the Institution of Health, Safety and Risk Management. This distance learning course is delivered online through CampusMoodle, where you will have access to the same teaching material as on-campus students.
What you will study
You will study online through the University's virtual learning environment, CampusMoodle. There will be the opportunity for you to interact with tutors and fellow students from around the world.
- Health Safety and the Law
- Hazard Identification and Risk Management
- Health, Safety and Risk in an Organisational Context
- Health Safety and Risk People Management
- Health, Safety and Risk Behavioural Management
- Health Safety and Risk Analysis and Investigation
- Health, Safety and Risk Strategic Management
- Health Safety and Risk Professional Development and Practice
This course is ideal for students who:
- Possess a good honours degree (first or second class) or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject from a UK University or recognised overseas institution
- Are able to demonstrate competence in written English.
- For international students, 6.5 IELTS with a minimum grade of 6 in each component part, or its equivalent in TOEFL, is required.
In exceptional circumstances, the normal requirements may be relaxed for an equivalent qualification or industrial experience of an equivalent standard. In these circumstances, applicants will be asked to submit a Personal Statement in support of his/her application.
The Course Leader will consider any candidate who has completed the pre-masters Access Foundation in Management Studies (Graduate Certificate in Management) and who appears capable of completing a demanding programme at Masters level.
Placements and accreditations
This course is fully accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). This accreditation is on the basis that successful completion of the Post Graduate Diploma Health, Safety and Risk Management (120 credits), satisfies the requirements for admission as a Graduate Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
Fees and bursaries
- Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert): £3104 for academic year 2010/11
- Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip): £3104 for academic year 2010/11
- MSc stage: £2068 for academic year 2010/11
The above tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
If you are already a student at Robert Gordon University, you can find information on fees for academic year 2010/11 on the Student Finance web pages.
How to apply
All students can apply online by visiting Apply Online.
If you are a UK/EU student and would like a paper application form or further information, please email email@example.com.
If you are an International Student and would like a paper application or further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.