The BA (Hons) Global Management with pathways degree is carefully structured to offer you an integrated and holistic approach to management studies. It builds your skills across five complementary areas of business practice, after which you follow a specialist pathway.
The Global Marketing Management pathway focuses on every aspect of marketing, from the research phase to the product, from identifying customers to creating a promotional campaign, from sales forecasts to marketing strategy.
We examine marketing from a global perspective - combining theory with practice while keeping a strong customer orientation. You will also develop the knowledge and skills base to have foresight into the further development of the subject.
Why should I choose this programme?
A market is defined by what individual people need, want or desire. The key to effective marketing and business success is understanding and responding to what your customers tell you. The Global Marketing Management pathway explores contemporary marketing strategy and practice, tapping into the latest developments in the global marketplace.
Key skills, aims and objectives
- Wide-ranging marketing skills, including the ability to identify marketing objectives within a global market and their impact on business operations
- The ability to manage marketing policy, structure and implementation within a business context
- Research and analytical skills
- Strategic management and decision-making skills
- Communications skills and the ability to propose and manage marketing communications
- Operational skills: the ability to manage commercial retailing and distribution functions
The Global Marketing Management pathway will provide you with the insight needed to identify marketing opportunities and the ability to develop appropriate strategies to put them into action. Marketing roles exist in diverse organisations ranging from small and medium enterprises to global corporations, government or non-governmental organisations.
Your broad understanding of marketing as a profession will make you a highly desirable employee in marketing roles across diverse employment fields including media, finance, retail, health care, education and research and development.