This programme will equip you with essential knowledge and skills for all stages of the events management process, from conceptualising and planning projects, through venue selection, budgeting and marketing, to design, staging, and operations management.
The programme has four themes:
- Event operations
- Business and management
- Languages and culture
- Special studies
The international theme is underpinned by the optional study of a language and at least one term of study abroad. You will also complete 30 weeks of work experience.
Why should I choose this programme?
International events management is a fast-growing sector of the global marketing industry and managers need skills in handling people, projects and budgets, often across international boundaries.
This programme will equip you with the essential business and practical skills for a successful career in the international events industry.
You will learn to produce creative solutions under pressure and engage with specialists in planning and producing a wide range of events.
Key skills, aims and objectives
- The ability to develop and deliver projects, managing people, processes
- An understanding of the role of the international events industry in modern-day commerce
- The ability to apply essential business knowledge in economics, finance, human resources and law to the organisation of events
- Strong communication, organisational and marketing abilities
- An appreciation of the strategic use of events by many different organisations
- A perspective on the future development of the industry, the key issues and challenges, and your role within it
The multi-disciplinary nature, practical and international focus of this programme, along with its solid academic grounding will give you a crucial advantage in the eyes of future employers.
Our graduates have found a wide variety of work within the international events industry, creating and managing events in fashion, music and sport, as well as for high-profile retail and consumer brands.
Others have gone on to build careers in international hospitality, travel and tourism.
Other potential careers open to you include roles as account managers, marketing and PR managers and small business owners.