A programme of exceptional quality, designed with and for universities
The Pre-Masters Preparation (PMP) qualification is the best preparation for success on your chosen postgraduate degree and in your future career - it ensures you Get In and Get On.
Why should I study Pre-Masters Preparation qualification?
The PMP is for:
- Anyone wanting to upgrade their English language level ahead of a postgraduate degree programme
- Those wanting to ensure they have the academic skills necessary for successful postgraduate study in English
- Anyone wanting to improve their career pathway or prospects through skills development and postgraduate study
- Employers/sponsors looking to upskill their workforce through postgraduate study and want a one stop solution with academic and language preparation and the application processes
Advantages of the Pre-Masters Preparation Qualification
- Guaranteed progression to thousands of Masters Degrees at leading universities. Takes the worry away about whether you will get a place
- A unique one-stop application service. Reduces the stress of applying to each university separately and trying to find the right point of contact
- The research skills and the English language knowledge and ability you will need to succeed on a PG qualification. Ensures you not only get in but you’re ready to get on with your studies - some of our students say they were better prepared than UK students
About the NCUK Pre-Masters Preparation Qualification
What is Pre-Masters Preparation?
The NCUK Pre-Masters Programme qualification gives guaranteed access to a postgraduate degree on successful completion. It includes:
- Subject Module - choose from Management, Life Sciences, Engineering
- Research Methods - this module is assessed by a dissertation or project proposal. It enables you to source and evaluate information from literature and the web; qualitative and quantitative research methods; research project planning; manipulating and analysing data; intellectual property conventions.
- Orientation to Western Study - this module introduces you to the major differences between studying in their home country and studying in a western university setting. There is no formal assessment for this module.
- English for Academic Purposes - this module gives you an English qualification that is recognised by NCUK universities and can be used for visa purposes. The module aims to develop your English language skills with a focus on Academic English.
What are the start dates and how long does it take?
We have intakes in September, January and March for courses that vary between 10, 20 or 30 weeks based on your current level of English. This means you can plan your time and investment accordingly. With the Pre Masters Programme and a one Year Masters in the UK, you can be back on your career track more quickly than anyone else.
Will I get help applying for my Masters?
Only the NCUK PMP gives you access to our unique Placement Support Service. This means you make a single application and NCUK follow through the applications with each individual university on your behalf. As well as this you will also receive expert advice on degree options and your supporting personal statement. Alternative routes into postgraduate degrees mean that you have to make multiple applications, one for each programme you wish to apply to.
What is the NCUK Guarantee?
Once accepted on the qualification, only NCUK can guarantee you a place on a postgraduate degree (upon successful completion) at one of our NCUK university partners. Unlike other preparation courses the Pre-Masters Preparation leads onto thousands of postgraduate degrees in all subject areas from Art to Engineering, Life Sciences to Theatre Design, Business and Finance to Marketing.
How do I enrol?
Choose whether you want to study in the UK, Europe or your nearest Study Centre from our list of quality approved Delivery Partners. Contact details and an enquiry form are provided on Study Centre pages.
Who awards the Pre-Masters Preparation qualification?
NCUK awards the final certificate. Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate showing that you have passed the course and a transcript that details your achievements.
Where can I study the PMP?
You can choose to study in the UK or find a Study Centre closer to home. There are currently NCUK Pre Masters Study Centres in the UK, Ireland, Japan, China, South Korea and Colombia.
What masters degree can I study?
NCUK students have the choice of thousands of degree courses. Whether you want to study Art or Computer Science and Engineering, Life Sciences and Pharmacy or Business, Law and Management, your NCUK qualification guarantees you two conditional offers and one guaranteed place.
Where can I study my masters degree?
NCUK qualifications are accepted by universities worldwide. Please use our Course Finder or visit our University pages to see where your qualification could take you. If you can’t find the university you want to study at on our list, please Contact Us.
How do I apply to university?
NCUK has a dedicated team that helps you with your university application. We also have Counsellors in each of our Study Centres that are dedicated to helping you. We will help you with your application and let you know about all the deadlines. With the NCUK guarantee, we ensure you get at least two conditional offers and if you pass the PMP, a guaranteed place.
Where Next - Career Opportunities?
UK university graduates have the knowledge and skills that are valued by employers all around the world. At your NCUK university you will have access to top level careers advice and guidance to help you focus on the right job for you and to stand out from the crowd in an increasingly competitive jobs market. Choosing your NCUK qualification is the first step to realising your dreams and ambitions.