About Teachers Aide, UG:Diploma - at International Career Institute
Course Outline: What You Will Cover
Become a qualified Teachers Aid. The course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals. It also allows you to enter one of the fastest growing professions. Students will complete the following units:
- Leadership concepts in education
- Public speaking
2 Learning Principles
- Teaching strategies
- Teaching models
- Learning needs
3 Training Requirements
- Establishing learning requirements
4 Training Commencement
5 Lesson Plan Development
- Lesson aims
- Structure of lesson plans
- Lesson plan writing
6 Assessment and Evaluation
- Assessments methods
- Evaluation of training programs
7 Teaching Materials
- Effective teaching aids
8 Personal Tutorials
- Tutorial sessions
- Motivation for learning
9 Motivational Skills & Techniques
- Motivational theories
- Improving motivation
10 Training Promotion
11 Lessons & Lesson Plans
- Student needs identification
- Structuring lessons
- Developing lesson plans
12 Education Methodologies
- Teacher-centred learning
- Student-centred learning
- Competency based training
- Problem-based learning
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a teachers aide
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a teachers aid in months not years!
- Study a teachers aide course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as £25 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
The role of a teacher's aide is extremely important. A teacher's aide will assist the teacher in creating a learning environment that's both engaging and fun for the students. Teachers and teacher's assistants affect hundreds of lives, in fact; they affect every life they come in contact with. With the correct training and skills, you will also be able to make this an incredibly rewarding contribution to the development of children and young people.
A teacher's aide provides clerical and teaching support for preschool, elementary, and secondary (high school) school teachers. A teacher's aide can work very closely with children / young people and help provide teaching support for teachers, while in other instances a teacher's aide might help with more administrative and clerical tasks such as grading papers or preparing a lesson.
The duties performed by a teacher's aide can include:
- Clerical work
- Supervising lunch / recess
- Reviewing lessons
- Providing individual attention
- Preparing equipment
- Computer support
- Recording grades
- and much more!
Government statistics point towards a favourable outlook for the employment prospects of teacher's aides. Successful completion of the ICI teacher's aide program will assist in gaining work in the following places:
- Child care school
- Schools (primary, elementary, high school)
- After-school program
- Community centres
Typical job titles include:
- Teacher Aide
- Teacher Assistant
- Integration Aide
Course Levels Explained
Qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
Diploma Level-24 weeks
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you'll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very 'hands on' approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the 'theory' behind the industry - they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
ICI is an institutional member of the College of Teachers. This means it is an organisation with an educational interest which has agreed to follow The College's Code of Professional Practice.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Ministry of Defence
- Sports Centre, University of Kent
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- The Placement People
- Skill Hire
- Metcash Trading Ltd
- Navman Technologies
- The European Fund
- Employment Directions Network
- The Salvation Army
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Legal Aid Commission
- Melton Council
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Prisoners Education Trust (HM Prison Service)
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Employment Directions
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a teachers aide
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipTeachA
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program (Click to learn more).