Course Outline: What You Will Cover
This course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced fitness professionals. It also allows you to obtain valuable skills in one of the fastest growing professions while at the same time making a real difference to your current or future clients health, well being and confidence.
1 Exercise Physiology 2 Exercise Principles 3 Human Biomechanics 4 Risk Assessment 5 Aqua fitness, exercise, routines, and equipment 6 Fitness Program Design 7 Delivering A Fitness Program 8 Ergogenic Aids to Performance 9 Safety & Injury 10 Nutrition 11 Fitness Programs for Special Groups 12 Principles of Fitness 13 Human Anatomy 14 exercise Science 15 Client Communication 16 Motivation 17 Fitness Programming 18 Nutrition
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a personal trainer
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a personal training pro in months not years!
- Study a personal training course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as £25 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Employment opportunities are diverse within the personal training industry. You will be able to seek employment in the following areas:
- Your own personal training business
- Gyms, fitness centres and health clubs
- Specialised personal training studios
- Swimming complexes
- Sports clubs
- Outdoor fitness
- Corporate Gyms
The fitness industry is currently booming. People want to look and feel good. As a personal trainer you will train, motivate and keep your clients accountable. You will assist and guide them with your knowledge on the human body and most effective exercise and training techniques. Measuring results and creating personalized exercise plans based on objectives will be a common task you will perform.
The fantastic reality about this personal training profession is that you won't be stuck in an office but constantly on your feet interacting with new people every day and contributing to their well being and making a real difference to the health, happiness and confidence of your clients. On top of this you can expect to be billing anywhere from £17 to £40+ for a half hour session.
According to the Bureau of Statistics, a career in personal training has an incredibly bright outlook. The projected career growth is 20% faster then other professions.
With fitness and health gaining more awareness amongst people of all walks of life coupled with the bright prospects for employment, a job as a personal trainer should be rewarding and fulfilling!
Jumpstart your career as a Personal trainer by enrolling in our course now!
Course Levels Explained
Qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into the program. Students may enrol directly into the course without any previous experience or training.
The average time within which students complete studies is 31 weeks.
Completing your course is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready. Students have a maximum of 2 years to complete the Master Personal Trainer course.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you'll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
ICI is accredited and recognised by the International Accreditation and Recognition Council. IARC is a system that provides recognition, approval and endorsement of institutions provided they meet and satisfy a set of academic, ethical and operational standards.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Ministry of Defence
- Sports Centre, University of Kent
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- The Placement People
- Skill Hire
- Metcash Trading Ltd
- Navman Technologies
- The European Fund
- Employment Directions Network
- The Salvation Army
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Legal Aid Commission
- Melton Council
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Prisoners Education Trust (HM Prison Service)
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Employment Directions
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coles Myer Ltd
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback from those working in the persona industry
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a personal trainer
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, EDipPT
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program (Click to learn more).
Hear From Our Students