Course Outline: What You Will Cover
The ICI Hairdressing Stylist course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals. It will enable you to further your skills in an ever growing profession. Students will complete the following units:
1 Prepare clients for salon services 2 Co-ordinate salon services 3 Remove chemicals from the hair 4 Appointments and client schedules 5 Selling products and services 6 Diagnoses of client hair and scalp conditions 7 Treating hair and scalp 8 Cutting hair 9 Dressing and styling of hair 10 Permanent wave and chemical services 11 Hair Colouring 12 Salon team coordination 13 Maintain a clean and efficient workplace 14 Communication in the workplace 15 Clients reception and consultation
Becoming a hair dresser, like most other careers, involves an even balance between education and experience. The ICI hairdressing stylist program is a theoretical training program for aspiring and existing hairdressers.
The ICI hairdressing stylist programs are designed to enhance students skills and career prospects. The course is for those who want to obtain a flair for styling and an advantage over others in salon practices and management.
Here in Britain, anyone is free to practise as a hairdresser without registration, without qualification, even without training. In short, hairdressing is totally unregulated. The ICI hairdressing course will contribute a great deal towards your development in becoming a talented and capable hairdresser which is essential in preparing yourself for hairdressing work (as an employee or self employed).
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a hairdresser
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a hair dressing pro in months not years!
- Study a hairdressing course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as £25 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Hairdressing is a unique career that transcends virtually all cultural barriers. Having hairdressing skills and knowledge is a universally recognised career pathway across the majority of the world. Besides the opportunity to work in a number of hair dressing career paths within the country you also have the opportunity to travel and work overseas in the same capacity.
Careers paths include:
- Hairdresser - salon, special events such as weddings,
television / film / media, glamour photography, fashion, stage
- Hair Salon Manager
Hair Salon Owner
Hairdressing is one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries. Our society is focused on style and appearance and the demand for hairdressing services is ever present. This is fed by general grooming needs to ladies wanting to look their best when they go out on the town to those who are preparing for special events such as a wedding.
Hairdressing is also one of the most creative, social and exciting industries and career paths you could take. As a hairdresser, you have the privilege of meeting new people every day, building friendships with repeat clients and making them look and feel fantastic.
Being a glamorous career opportunity, hairdressers regularly get hired as hair stylists, salon consultants for product companies or even establish their own salon business as well.
Fast track your way to being a Hairdresser by enrolling in our training course now!
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) and advanced (Advanced Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the three levels below:
Qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
The graduate is able to apply a significant range of principles and techniques across various contexts and functions. Graduates can expect to be involved in significant judgments, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
Diploma Level-24 weeks--Advanced Diploma Level-31 weeks
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you'll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very 'hands on' approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the 'theory' behind the industry - they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Ministry of Defence
- Sports Centre, University of Kent
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- The Placement People
- Skill Hire
- Metcash Trading Ltd
- Navman Technologies
- The European Fund
- Employment Directions Network
- The Salvation Army
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Legal Aid Commission
- Melton Council
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Prisoners Education Trust (HM Prison Service)
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Employment Directions
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study course notes and illustrations
- Assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of hairdressing stylist studies
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipHairDS
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program (Click to learn more).