About Data Science - Bangkok, Thailand, BSc - at Harbour.Space University
Harbour.Space's Data Science Bachelor’s programme prepares students to become industry leaders in the field. Utilizing an innovative curriculum, experienced professors, real-world experience, and a network of like-minded driven individuals the Harbour.Space Data Science Master’s programme is pioneering this new frontier of human knowledge. Develop the analytical and programming skills needed to extract valuable knowledge out of data.
Year 1 | In the first year, students obtain the foundational theoretical knowledge they need to become data scientists. The programme builds the mathematical basis upon which students will develop understanding of programming, statistics, machine learning and data management during following years. The courses are mostly given in a form of lectures and takeaway coursework.
- Mathematical Foundations Of Computing
- Foundations of Programming
- Data Structures And Algorithms
Year 2 | In the second year, students learn programming, statistics, and machine learning in addition to courses that will further establish the mathematical foundations they need in data science.
The second-year also contains courses that start covering tremendously useful data science tools as well as technical writing instruments. Most courses require practical coursework and a course project enabling students to get a feel for the challenges and approaches used in this field. The students will also begin developing software for the Capstone project.
By the end of this year, students will be able to write programmes, use primary data science tools and conduct data analysis and will be ready to study applied courses during the final year of the programme.
- Introduction To Statistics
- Parallel And Distributed Computing
- Introduction To Optimisation
- Python For Massive Data Analysis
- Introduction To Computer Networking
- Writing, Documentation, Tex, Javadoc
- Computability and Complexity
- Introduction to Cryptography
Year 3 | During the third, the final year, students will complete their studies of programming and data analysis and will primarily focus on applications of data science. The programme offers many practical and interdisciplinary courses. The courses are taught by researchers and professionals who practice the courses they teach either academically or by sharing their professional experiences in their field.
- Software Development Process
- Stochastic and Hugescale Optimization
- Performance Oriented Computing
- Big Data & Emerging Technologies
- Introduction to Interaction Design
- Technical Project Management
- Algorithms In Bioinformatics
- Leadership & Group Dynamics
Learn more about Data Science - Bangkok, Thailand, BSc - at Harbour.Space University Visit course webpage