The Harbour.Space High-Tech Entrepreneurship Bachelor’s programme is the first dedicated entrepreneurship programme in the world that blends academics, start-up accelerator, venture builder, and real-world experience to prepare students to become the next generation of successful high-tech entrepreneurs. Our hands-on programme prepares students to do the analysis and actions required to launch and commercialise a high-tech company.
Year 1 | The first year can be seen as a basic starter pack for tomorrow’s entrepreneurs. Students should enter the programme with an start-up idea that they want to make into a reality. We start with the skills of presenting an idea well – because a lot of genius goes unnoticed in the world simply because an idea is communicated inadequately. Students will work on the basis of Lean/Pitch Canvas frameworks for idea validation, identity, and communication strategy. Students will learn how to identify opportunities and obstacles in business entrepreneurship. Furthermore, students will be immersed in all the business basics of running a startup: lean business models, business validation, business plan preparation, USP/SVP identification, etc.
- Digital Product Development
- Needs Finding and Concept Creation
- The Startup Garage: Testing and Launch
- Startup Company Legal Environment
- Identity and Communications
- Startups for Extreme Affordability
- Technical Project Management
- Big Data & Emerging Technologies
Year 2 | The second-year delves deeply into building a lean startup organisation while learning essential strategic and analytical skills. The objective of this academic year is to find the elusive product/market fit and build a minimum viable product (MVP). Students will talk to potential customers, learn essential sales techniques, test various customer acquisition channels, and develop effective messaging and positioning. This is often the hardest part of the journey for startups and the programme’s rigour will expand the abilities of students and push them to reach their full potential. By the end of the year, students will have an MVP that’s not only validated using frameworks but also tested with customers. Throughout this process, students will be assisted by mentors and have the opportunity to pitch their start-ups to investors and fellow entrepreneurs.
- The Power of Storytelling in Business
- Customer Acquisition for Startups
- Business Models / Business Model Innovation
- Data-Driven Marketing & Sales
- Building and Managing Email Campaigns
- Essentials of Strategic Communication
- Angel and Venture Capital
- Early Stage Company Valuation & Financial Modelling
- Taxes and Business Strategy
- Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation
- High-Performance Leadership
Year 3 | In the third year, student startups will transform into real companies. Student’s startups are expected to have found their product/market fit so they can begin to start scaling up their business to see real growth. The third-year is essentially about transforming a lean startup into a scalable venture-backed business. Students will learn how to automate and scale into a properly running organisation, how to build high-performing sales teams, how to lead and hire for a fast-growing organisation, and how to create and nurture company culture as the company grows. Students will be pushed to their limit as they turn their startups into businesses while planning, designing, and executing on much more complex strategies as they prepare to raise venture funding, and subsequently become the next unicorn. The year will culminate in a Demo Day where students will present their start-ups to investors, mentors, and the student body.
- Master Classes with Leading Practitioners
- Designing Creative Organisations
- Managing High Growth Enterprises
- Building and Managing Professional Sales Organizations
- Interpersonal Dynamics and Conflict Resolution
- Global Value Chain Strategies
- Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation
- Entrepreneurship from the Perspectives of Women
- New Business Models in the Emerging Markets
- Web Scraping for fun and Profit