Agribusiness – understand, connect, innovate. Shape the future of an industry in upheaval and change.
The international food and agribusiness sector has a huge potential for growth and innovation. There is an imminent need for well-versed shapers and makers to take advantage of these opportunities.
This programme focuses on mastering change in global agribusiness and uncertainty, opening channels for success and innovation. It includes application-oriented teaching of the economic interrelationships of agribusiness and the value chain from agricultural production and processing, logistics and marketing to retail and consumers. An integral part is environmental protection and the social sustainability of agribusiness.
Accreditations and rankings
GISMA Business School also has a long history of working with partner universities in Europe and has successfully delivered partner programmes accredited by AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, and EPAS.
Who is the programme for?
The programme is perfect for those with undergraduate degrees in business, economics, geography, agricultural sciences, agronomy or other comparable fields of study. It is designed for aspiring professionals who want to leave their mark in international agribusiness. It is designed for ambitious individuals who want to excel in cross-functional roles and settings, bringing together knowledge and expertise from different fields.
Prior work experience is a must and will be a core benefit for the student group.
Why choose this programme?
In this programme, we combine practical and theoretical expertise with high practical relevance and applicability. Understanding international agribusiness and the interconnection between sectors and business areas will be crucial for organisational and personal success. Not only accepting the network organisation of the future but also embracing the change and potential it offers.
What will you learn?
You’ll learn how the complete value chain works from production to plate, giving you the ability to enter almost any role within the sector.
- You get an overview of the complete value chain in agribusiness - from farm to fork!
- You are prepared to face the challenges of agribusiness in transition.
- You have in-depth knowledge and skills of modern organisational and management concepts for internationally operating companies in the agri-food industry.
- You know about current innovations, e.g. from the processing of plant and animal products to the potential of e-commerce and blockchain technologies.
- You have gained a systemic and overarching understanding of agribusiness.
- You are aware of the impact of changes that result from digital technologies on society, business, culture and the individual.
- You know how to create more resilience and adaptiveness with regard to resources in agribusiness, especially water as a resource.
- You can develop strategies to eliminate and recycle waste in food processing.
- You are able, through academic knowledge and practical tools, to direct this impact to set up individuals and organisations for success.
How will you study?
GISMA Business School supports flexible and individual learning by applying a systematic hybrid learning scheme.
You will spend part of your lectures in class at our Berlin-Potsdam campus. These face-to-face phases are complemented by e-learning sessions. You will work on cases, reflect on readings, take part in online discussions, and participate in group exercises and projects. This variety of learning methods is part of our unique teaching strategy, which includes student-centred pedagogy, project-based learning, collaborative learning, and personalised coaching.
You can start working on your master thesis after you have earned two thirds of the total programme credits. The thesis takes three months in the 1-year programme and six months in the 2-year programme.
- Partnerships with some of the best educational institutions from around the world
- Programmes with top global rankings – the Grenoble MIB is ranked 20th in the world by the Economist in 2017
- International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented - expand your network
- Excellent student services such as a dedicated Career Centre, visa support and accommodation team
- Scholarships and flexible payment plans available
- Graduates will be entitled to apply for an 18-month post-study residence permit to take advantage of career opportunities in Germany
- Free German classes
- Programmes taught 100% in English - the language of international communication
1. Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in the EU, at 3.4%*
2. 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**
3. Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education and you can experience this with GISMA
4. Berlin, Germany’s capital is the start-up technology capital of Europe
5. Berlin is the largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities to young professionals and graduates.
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
***According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.