- Choice of studying your first three semesters completely in English or German
- Seven specialisations: Auditing and Consulting (KPMG), Banking and Finance, Digital Business, General Management, International Management, Management, Philosophy & Economics, Marketing
- Endless opportunities by studying finance in Frankfurt, Europe's economic hub
- Diverse and international student body
- Excellent career prospects by studying at a top Business School (both locally and internationally)
- Enjoy a semester abroad at one of our international partner universities
- Network and gain professional work experience through an internship abroad
- Live in the successful, vibrant and thriving city of Frankfurt
The MPE Programme
Today’s business world is more demanding than ever. You will need the analytical skills to solve problems and make decisions in data-rich environments, as well as the ability to synthesise information and weigh consequences in order to reach the right solution and make good decisions.
The Management, Philosophy & Economics (MPE) concentration combines the scientific rigour of economics and analytical acuity of philosophy to give our students an incomparable international education and distinct advantage in the global marketplace.
How do you make a good decision? Experience certainly helps, but you also need the ability to take apart a problem from different perspectives, shifting quickly from finance to technology to marketing to sales, and back again. Vast amounts of information need to be processed and different interests integrated; but you also need to explain solutions to different audiences and convince them of your conclusions. MPE graduates excel not only in detail mastery of the analytical methods used in today’s business, but also in seeing the big picture.
Doing philosophy is all about improving your analytical and critical thinking. By training you to strip away irrelevant details of a problem and assess the merits of competing solutions, philosophy enables you to see unexpected connections and forces you to give concise arguments for your position. Philosophy also opens up innovative and valuable perspectives on political and moral issues faced in business and society. Our unique combination of formal and normative philosophical expertise gives our MPE graduates the edge in their future careers.
Economic methods form the core of the MPE analytical curriculum, drawing on cutting edge research by faculty at the Frankfurt School in behavioural economics, game and decision theory, computational social science, and machine learning. The MPE programme is one of its kind in introducing students to the standard economic frameworks for solving judgement and decision problems, including empirically informed models of decision-making from behavioural economics, and modern machine learning methods in computational social sciences.