ESOL Trinity Indefinite Leave to Remain Test (Other UG Award)

City of Glasgow College the United Kingdom

For more information about ESOL Trinity Indefinite Leave to Remain Test at City of Glasgow College, please visit the webpage using the button above.

The award
Other UG Award

How long you will study
find out

Domestic course fees
find out

How you will study

Course starts

International course fees
find out

All study options

About ESOL Trinity Indefinite Leave to Remain Test at City of Glasgow College

These preparation courses are taken by people who need to demonstrate their English language proficiency for the purpose of obtaining a visa to settle or for citizenship in the UK.

From November 2015, anyone applying to UKVI for:

  • British Citizenship (Naturalisation).
  • Indefinite Leave to Remain- ILR (Settlement/Permanent Residency).
  • Further Leave to Remain ( Spouse/Partner). 

must have taken their speaking and listening English language test (A1 or B1) at an approved UKVI Secure English Language Test (SELT) centre such as Trinity.

City of Glasgow College are a listed UKVI Trinity SELT course provider and our courses prepare you to pass the Trinity SELTs A1 and/or B1 English language tests.

Our short courses will develop your speaking and listening skills specifically to help you pass the test and guide you through the detailed exam process and strict security procedures.

At the end of this course, you will be fully prepared to pass the UKVI approved Secure English Language Tests for British Citizenship and /or Indefinite leave to remain / Settlement Permanent Residency.   

Indefinite Leave to Remain (to settle) or British Citizenship (B1).

For indefinite Leave to Remain (to settle) or British Citizenship you must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) in at least CEFR level B1 in Speaking and Listening.

Trinity's GESE Grade 5 exam = CEFR B1 GESE Grade 5.

10 minute speaking and listening test.

Provisional results on the same day.

Certificate usually within 7 days.

Speaking and listening only.

You also need to take a 'Life in the UK' Test as part of your application.  This is not a Trinity test. Visit the government Home Office website for more information about the Life in the UK test.



Study options for this course

  • The award How you will study How long you will study Course starts Domestic course fees International course fees
  • The awardOther UG AwardHow you will studyPart-timeHow long you will study find out
    Course starts120Domestic course fees find outInternational course fees find out

Entry requirements for this course

Contact City of Glasgow College to find course entry requirements.

Join Our Newsletter


Sign up to today for free and be the first to hear about any new study abroad opportunities

Subscribe Now