This is an introduction to the world of sugarcraft and is particularly suitable if you're interested in further developing your professional skills associated with cake decoration. Some students just want to try something new and found this course enjoyable when shared with friends.
There are two SQA units in this course, covering royal icing, sugar craft and cake decoration techniques.
This is a professional vocational programme and appropriate clothing must be worn.What you study
- Various Modern Sugar Craft Techniques.
- Garrett Frills.
The course is taught by step-by-step demonstrations and observations.Assessment methods
There will be series of assessment to measure practical work and an observation checklist will be used to check your practical performance.
During the course, there are also short questions, used to assess your knowledge of cake decoration.Additional Information Dress code
- Appropriate clothing and footwear for the kitchen.
- Apron to protect your clothing (and to prevent materials getting onto the icing).
- Tea towel for drying dishes.
- Hairband for those with long hair.