This newly developed MSc programme aims to take qualified students and equip them with the skills they need to be employed as professional engineers. The course will be informed by up-to-date internationally renowned research expertise undertaken within the School’s Mechanics, Materials and Advanced Manufacturing research theme.
This newly developed MSc programme aims to take well qualified students (typically those having a good bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or an equivalent qualification) and to equip them with the skills they need to be employed as professional engineers across a wide range of the Manufacturing Engineering industry.
More specifically, this MSc programme aims to equip you with:
- Advanced knowledge of topics in Manufacturing Engineering, and in associated engineering and scientific disciplines over a broad range of specialist subjects.
- Awareness of the context in which Manufacturing Engineering operates, in terms of safety, environmental, social and economic aspects.
- A wide range of intellectual, practical and transferable skills that will allow you to follow careers in research, industry and other professional areas of the economy.
- A systematic understanding of knowledge and a critical awareness of current problems and new insights which are at the forefront of Manufacturing Engineering.
The distinctive features of this programme include:
- The opportunity to learn within a vibrant research environment which has benefited from major strategic investment via directed SRIF funds of £2.4M into the Cardiff University Structural Performance (CUSP) laboratory, and collaborative industrial partnerships.
- The application of measurement techniques within the recently installed Renishaw Metrology Laboratory, part of a strategic partnership between the School and Renishaw.
- A close involvement with industry ensures that the research has both relevance and meaning, working with some of the world’s most renowned engineering companies.
- Significant inputs into teaching and project work will also be made by members of Cardiff Business School, providing the latest in business and management knowledge and skills.
- A programme which will be informed by up-to-date internationally renowned research expertise undertaken within the School’s Mechanics, Materials and Advanced Manufacturing research theme. These will include the modules in the subject areas of robotics, metrology, manufacturing, informatics, innovation and artificial intelligence/image processing.
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)