The Department of Politics and International Relations has an exceptionally strong research culture with a strong reputation for the quality of the research produced and the growing number of research grants it is attracting.
The School offers supervision across a wide range of research topics, including
- Comparative politics
- European politics
- EU institutions
- EU politices
- European political economy
- The Euro Area
- European social model and policies
- European public policies
- External Relations of the EU
- European political parties and elections
- European defence and security
- History of European integration
- France and Europe
- Germany and Europe
- Italy and Europe
- Sub-national governance in Europe
The Department is also home a thriving postgraduate community. We are home to the Wales Governance Centre and to the European Governance, Identity and Public Policy Research Unit, attracting visiting scholars from all over Europe and the world.
If you are interested in European Studies with a cultural perspective please see the postgraduate research of the School of Modern Languages.