This course has a unique collaborative emphasis, offering the opportunity for some of your scripts you develop to be produced through close collaboration with students from the MA Producing Film and Television and MA Directing Film and Television courses, equipping you with the skills and attitude required for successful script development processes in the industry.
As a graduate on this course, you’ll have developed the skills to work in the Film, Media, TV, Scriptwriting and Production industry.
- Develop your ideas from concept to industry-standard final draft, developing your own voice, learning how to critique the work of others and make industry contacts to pitch for employment in this competitive industry
- All of our teaching staff have worked on Film, Television and multiplatform projects from BBC 1 and Channel 4 through to LEGO’s Character & Story division
- See your scripts come to life and contribute to others’ productions by working collaboratively with students across the framework
- This intense course allows you the opportunity to work both in teams in addition to producing individual writing pieces
- Successful participation in this course will enable you to emerge from the course as a writer with a distinctive authorial voice, with an industry-standard portfolio of scripts, experience of writing in a range of formats and genres and a robust attitude to collaboration and development
- You’ll graduate with an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, indicating professionalism and industry relevance, allowing you to benefit from attending events and networking with new entrants to the industry
- You’ll benefit from regular industry guest speakers and alumni. Previous speakers include; Ben Cookson - Feature Film Writer/Director, Waiting for Anya 2020, Almost Married 2014, Sally Rowberry - Head of Scripted development, Red Arrow Studios, Peter Fellows - Screenwriter, Death of Stalin 2017, Veep season 2, 2015, Louis Ackerman - Screenwriter, Into the Dark for HULU 2018, Lucy V Hay - Screenwriter, blogger, Bang2write and Sam Doland De Vaux - Screenwriter, Emmerdale.