Global businesses are constantly developing and implementing information technology to achieve their goals. On this course, you will acquire technical and operational skills to prepare you for cutting-edge work in a variety of business contexts.
Why study BSc (Hons) Business IT at BU?
- Develop the versatility and personal qualities to combine business, technical and data analytics skills to meet the dynamic needs of employers in a global context
- Build and improve your applied technical and data skills with a business appreciation to inform
- Study and practice in our state-of-art speciality labs with enterprise grade hardware and fully virtualisation ready enterprise level infrastructure
- Engage in a series of practical, industry-focused tasks and co-participate in a range of research projects, not only with BU staff but experts from other institutions in the UK and the world
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- You'll be qualified to work as an IT professional whose role focuses on transforming business processes and driving business innovations to meet ever changing needs through IT
Accreditation by the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) provides an indicator of quality and can help you work towards Chartered IT Professional status. You’ll have the chance to complete Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification courses during your degree.