The Barcelona CREI Macroeconomics Summer School offers an overview of the current state of research in key areas of macroeconomics.
The courses, which are taught by leading experts in their fields, cover recent developments in different areas of macroeconomics, including growth, international finance and trade, asset bubbles, political reform, financial intermediation, fiscal and monetary policy and forecasting. The courses are aimed at advanced undergraduate and graduate students, as well as more senior researchers and practitioners willing to brush up their knowledge and expose themselves to the latest advances in academic research. During the summer school, faculty are available for discussion of participants’ research ideas, as well as the lectures’ contents.
This Summer School is jointly organized by the Barcelona GSE and the Center for Research in International Economics (CREI), a research institute sponsored by the Generalitat de Catalunya and Universitat Pompeu Fabra, in fulfilment of its aim to promote the dissemination of research in macroeconomics and related areas.
Course list for 2020
Week 1 (June 29-July 3, 2020)
- Numerical Methods for Fiscal and Monetary Policy Analysis
Instructor: Davide Debortoli
- Companion course: Numerical Methods: Computer Lab Practicals*
- Macroeconomic Policy in the Global Economy
Instructor: Luca Fornaro
- Spatial Equilibrium and the Economics of Cities
Instructor: Giacomo Ponzetto
Week 2 (July 6-10, 2020)
- Firm Dynamics in Macro-Finance: Tools and Applications
Instructor: Andrea Caggese
- Companion course: Firm Dynamics: Computer Lab Practicals*
Week 3 (July 13-17, 2020)
- Macro-prudential Policy in Theory and Practice
Instructor: Alberto Martín
- Sovereign Debt Crises: Theory, Evidence, and Policy
Instructor: Fernando Broner