- The University of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies offers guaranteed pathways to the University of Auckland
- The Foundation Certificate is recognised by all New Zealand universities
- The University of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies takes 8 to 18 months (three to six terms) to complete, depending on the student’s academic background and level of English
- The curriculum includes core training in English and independent learning skills
- Students select four or five subjects plus English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Subjects available include: Accounting, Art History, Economics, Calculus, Statistics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Design, Geography, Photography, Painting, Music
- A special course in Study and Information Skills prepares students for study at university level.
The top student completing the University of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies each term receives a NZ$5,000 scholarship towards the tuition fees in the first year of their undergraduate degree at the University of Auckland.