If you want to study a Design programme but you have not completed 12 years in secondary education or you cannot provide a Design portfolio, this course is ideal for you. Successful completion of it is a guarantee to get admission in year 1 of Bachelor in Design area programmes.
The Foundation of Art and Design course at AAS College has five principal aims:
- To provide opportunities for the students to enhance their experience and understanding of all areas of art and design
- To introduce students methods to expand their creativity and teach them lateral and creative thinking
- To introduce students to their chosen area of study and its specialist methods and demands
- To enable students to reach the standards of written and spoken English required in undertaking a degree course franchised by a British University
- To familiarize students with the city of Thessaloniki and the Greek culture and civilization through site and museum visits
This high quality course is designed as a principle pathway to Higher Education in art and design.
During the course students will experiment with areas of generic importance to all subjects in design, including drawing, computing skills, visual communication, photography, three dimensional design, illustration, materials and processes as well as art and design history.
In the foundation course of art and design, teaching and learning focuses on project work in the studios and workshops. This is enhanced by research, contextual studies, art and design history, and self-directed study.
Programme at a glance
- Observational and Developmental Drawing
- Art and Design Creative Process
- Art and Design Project
- Art and Design Context
- Photography: an Introduction
- Art and Design: Cultural Identity
- Digital Imaging
- Graphic Design Techniques
- Communication in English