This one-year, fully-funded course will recommend you on completion for Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS) — a government-endorsed accreditation to teach children aged 0-5 years. You’ll be taught and supported by highly experienced tutors, nursery practitioners and mentors who have a national reputation for the quality of their training.
Early on in your career, you will be expected to lead teaching and learning within a small team. Opportunities for progression are wide and varied. You might lead practice across a unit, setting or a chain of settings, or you might co-ordinate a multi-professional team in a children’s centre or specialise in Special Educational Needs.
- University led route: tuition fees are covered by the National College for Teaching and Leadership. You may also eligible for a bursary up to £5,000*.
- Employment-based route – tuition fees are covered by the National College for Teaching and Leadership. Through the employer-led route, your early years employer will receive £7,000* to cover the cost of your 16 university days and six-week alternative placement.
- Assessment Only Route – self-funded by yourself and/or your employer at a cost of £2,500.
- Find out more about the Early Years Initial Teacher Training course
- Find out about upcoming CPE Information Evenings and Teacher Training Taster days