Why study Politics, International Studies and Hispanic Studies at Warwick?
- Warwick’s Department of Politics and International Studies (PAIS) is one of the largest and most highly regarded departments of its kind in the UK, with a global reputation for excellence. PAIS was ranked 3rd in the UK by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016, 5th in the The Guardian 2016 league table, 6th in The Complete University Guide 2016, and 46th globally by the QS World University Rankings 2015. We were rated 4th for ‘research intensity’ and ‘research power’ in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) and came 1st in the UK among politics departments for research environment. The department also received an overall student satisfaction rating of 92% in the NSS for 2015.
- Our core modules provide you with a comprehensive disciplinary grounding, while the broad range of options allows you to tailor your programme, perhaps developing an area of specialism in political theory, international security, international political economy or comparative politics.
- We attract some of the best students and academics from around 40 countries, providing PAIS with a unique mix of diversity, dynamism and valuable international expertise and experience. Our large undergraduate community provides scope for forming study groups and friendships across complementary disciplines including Sociology, Philosophy, Economics, History and Modern Languages.
- You will also study with the School of Modern Languages and Cultures, which was ranked ninth by the Guardian University Guide 2016.
- You will have access to outstanding facilities, including:
- the University Language centre, where you will find resources relating to a variety of languages, and opportunities to take extra language courses in addition to your main course of study;
- the Transnational Resource Centre (TRC), giving you exclusive access to over 3,000 DVDs and videos in French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese plus multimedia facilities, satellite television with integrated off-air recording facilities, video-editing software (with technical support), and DVD projection equipment.