The Master's Degree Programme in Biomedical Sciences – Medicinal and Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry specialisation track equips you with theoretical and practical skills in drug screening, identification, design and targeting. This programme is taught by the University of Turku in Finland.
How to find, identify, design and target new drugs?
The programme provides you with strong knowledge on one or more of the following topics that covers the chemistry of drug development from slightly different perspectives: bio-organic chemistry, radiopharmaceutical chemistry and natural compound chemistry. In addition, you will learn to master the state-of-the-art methods needed for the full identification of drug molecules and for their quantitation from different types of tissues and metabolite mixtures. Our approach gives you strong hands-on knowledge on medicinal chemistry, since practical laboratory work forms the soul of our programme.
You will be equipped with skills that provide you with multiple career options. You will be able to join the industry in Finland or abroad, or to enter the public sector, for example, in various authoritative duties.
The studies in Medicinal and Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry provide excellent possibilities for a career in life sciences. For example, you can:
- continue as a postgraduate student to pursue a career as a scientist
- work in industry as a researcher or quality manager
- work in a core facility management taking care of e.g. the mass spectrometers
- work in science administration nationally or internationally
- work in hospital research laboratories
- be a product manager or a project coordinator