The course is based on an equivalent programme at Nottingham, UK (L100 Economics). However, it will span four years rather than three to incorporate a Preliminary year which will predominantly cover English language skills.
The course provides training in the principles of economics and their application, knowledge about the workings of the economy, skills for the constructive use of that knowledge in a range of settings, analytical skills and an ability to develop simplifying frameworks for studying the real world.
The main aims of a degree programme in Economics are as follows:
- To provide training in the principles of economics and their application
- To stimulate students intellectually through the study of economics and to lead them to appreciate its application to a range of problems and its relevance in a variety of contexts
- To provide a firm foundation of knowledge about the workings of the economy and to develop the relevant skills for the constructive use of that knowledge in a range of settings
- To develop in students the ability to apply the knowledge and skills they have acquired to the solution of theoretical and applied problems in economics
- To equip students with appropriate tools of analysis to tackle issues and problems of economic policy
- To develop in students, through the study of economics, a range of transferable skills that will be of value in employment and self-employment
- To provide students with analytical skills and an ability to develop simplifying frameworks for studying the real world.
To provide students with the knowledge and skill base, from which they can proceed to further studies in Economics, related areas or in multi-disciplinary areas that involve Economics
- Our graduates will have a thorough understanding of economic theory and quantitative methods, familiar with the key analytical techniques used by economists, have expertise in analyzing international economic issues and have a professional perspective on China's position in the world economy.
- Our graduates are recognized by employers in various industries. Not only because of their fluent English, but also because of their good creativity, self-confidence and interpersonal skills, these qualities quickly make them different.
- Our International Mentor Program helps students establish career goals and provide them with career guidance, while helping graduates enter the profession and prepare for future business leaders.
- In addition, our corporate consulting program helps students apply their theoretical knowledge to practice to improve their office, presentation skills and project management skills.