Offering an opportunity for students to specialise in either nursery production, medicinal crop production, fruit production or retail nursery, this degree level programme provides a technical understanding and solid scientific foundations. You will learn about horticultural chemistry, plant physiology and chemical analysis.
Throughout the programme you will be assessed by assignments, practical skills, presentations and examinations so that when you graduate you have the right vocational skills to succeed.Degree structure
- Plant science for horticulture
- Principles of management
- Soil science
- Chemistry for horticulture
- Horticultural production
- Horticultural practices.
- Crop science
- Crop production
- Crop thesis
- Industrial experience
- Applied enterprise management
- A choice of either: Retail horticulture or Chemical analysis and extraction
- A choice of either: Post harvest or Human physiology.
- Sustainable cropping technology
- Plant productivity and crop yield
- A choice of either: Operational management or Ethnobotany
- A choice of either: International horticulture and novel crops or Natural products.