This Masters' programme extends the technical knowledge acquired on an undergraduate programme in electrical and electronic engineering. This MSc covers a wide range of topics and the programme provides a broad subject-specific curriculum with specialism pursued through a major project. Many of the projects reflect the key research interests of the Faculty, such as embedded systems, electronic manufacturing and control and instrumentation. There is the opportunity for projects to be derived from our industrial links, and a number are proposed by students, reflecting their own personal interests or experience.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with an enhanced base of knowledge and current and reflective practice necessary to initiate a career in electrical and electronic engineering at the professional engineer level
- To enhance specialist knowledge in the area of electrical and electronic engineering which build upon studies at the undergraduate level
- To further develop improved skills of independent learning and critical appraisal
- To develop an extensive insight into the industrial applications and requirements
- To develop critical insight of management issues relating to engineering business
- To develop a comprehensive knowledge of leading-edge ICT tools and techniques
- To provide the ability to progress to the next level of study.