Secure your place in global business
Prepare for a versatile career as a business leader without borders with an Online Masters of Science (MSc) in International Business from the University of Birmingham. Offered through Birmingham Business School, which holds triple-crown accreditation, this world-class degree offers flexibility to suit your lifestyle and surrounds you with an international student body as you set out to achieve your long-term career goals.
Preparing you for professional success
Our Online MSc in International Business from Birmingham Business School has been developed to prepare recent graduates (and those in the early stages of their careers) for the challenges of management in business by providing a host of practical skills to help stay ahead in today’s competitive business environment.
The course provides critical business skills and international perspective to gain a competitive edge in tomorrow’s working world. The highly interactive environment is overseen by internationally respected scholars and experts in globalisation, accounting, finance, marketing, human resources and operations, helping postgraduates to:
- Overcome complex problems in global business
- Develop critical managerial skills
- Enhance leadership techniques
- Challenge critical thinking on global business issues
- Understand the practical application of business management theory
- Gain an international perspective
Solutions for the modern business person
As leaders in online learning in the UK, the University of Birmingham’s virtual learning platform presents postgraduate students with an advanced environment for their online studies. Rather than simply reading lecture transcripts and sending in assignments, the University of Birmingham’s online students engage with the curriculum directly using:
- Video lectures
- Real-life case studies
- Interactive assignments
- Social interaction
- Digital tools & resources
Push your boundaries with the best
Advance your career with an MSc in International Business from Birmingham Business School, an institution recognised through our triple-crown accreditation with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the Association of MBAs and the European Quality Improvement System. We put business in context and put people at the heart of business, helping you master concepts and skills for your career.
Year one core modules:
- Managing Global Operations
- International Marketing
- International Business
- International Accounting & Finance
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
Year two core modules:
- Managing Global Service
- International Marketing Strategy
- Economics & Economic Policy for Business
- Research Methods in International Business
- Global Entrepreneurship
- Integrative Capstone Module
Maximise your career opportunities
As a postgraduate student at Birmingham Business School you will have access to our specialist careers service, Careers in Business. This service is only available to postgraduates and provides support with job applications and interviews, job hunting and skills development.
- Individual appointments on Skype to review your CV or application form, discuss your career plans and provide general advice about job seeking
- Online resources to help with CVs/resumes, applications, covering letters, global job seeking, social media such as LinkedIn and more
Go further in global business
The University of Birmingham plays an active role in making the UK a capital of global education, challenging our postgraduate students with the highest standard of curriculum and online learning with a unique global perspective. We are recognised for excellence in research through our membership in the Russell Group, an organisation made up of the UK’s top research-led universities. This excellence helps you gain the global understanding of business you need to grow in your career.
Students can start this course in February, June or October every year.
Applications for our next intake are now open.
Visit http://landing.birmingham.ac.uk/uob/msc-ib for more information.