The University of Tokyo consists of 10 faculties, 15 Graduate Schools, 11 research institutes and two institutes for advanced study. The University has three main campuses in Hongo, Komaba and Kashiwa.
The university welcomes international students, however, as a high majority of the courses are taught in Japanese, language proficiency will be required. The University does offer Japanese language courses to international students.
Within walking distance from the university is:
- Hongo, a Town of Learning, Rich in Cultural Assets
- Playing in the Tapestry of Culture, Relaxing amidst Flowers: Hongo
- Hongo, for Entertainment and Shopping
- Shibuya, Komaba’s Backyard
- Smart City Kashiwa Delivers Science and Innovation