The BA in Politics and Governance is a contemporary academic programme combining a strong politics and governance core with a variety of choices including international relations, economics and management. It is a curriculum aiming to prepare students for the more complex and interrelated world. No country or company is an island these days – they are all affected by political, societal and economic trends, national and international policies, governmental and non-governmental actors. The program equips students with a broad knowledge basis to prepare them for a future not just in the government or party politics, but also as knowledgeable and able actors in international organisations, the third sector or even private sector.
- The programme offers a substantial amount of elective courses. You can choose at least two of our four specialisations: politics, governance, international relations and economics and management.
- All courses have a global or international approach so you can focus on a country or region you are most interested in when doing your assignments, but also learn about other countries and regions.
- You will complete your studies with a bachelor thesis, which will give you the experience of individual research under the guidance of a supervisor. A good bachelor thesis can also serve as a ticket to your desired MA programme.
- There is no upper limit to the amount of courses you can take – you can study as much as you like.
- Lectures and seminars take place during weekdays. On average, there is about 15 hours of auditory work per week, but there is also a substantial amount of independent work.