Developed by the pioneering Data Science team at the University of Southampton – a global top 1% university – Southampton Data Science Academy’s Fundamentals of Data Science (Technical) course will enable you to effectively apply the powerful tools and insights of data science to your day-to-day work.
Taught by industry experts using a hands-on approach to learning data skills, this 6-week online course will see you extend your knowledge and expertise across data mining, machine-learning, and data visualisation to become a highly-skilled and effective data scientist.
The course is a great fit if you’re:
- Looking to start your career in data science
- Wanting to learn how to apply the powerful techniques of data science to your current day-to-day business challenges
- Looking to study a data science course flexibly online, without having to interrupt your work or personal commitments
Some of the topics you’ll cover during the course are:
- Introduction to core concepts and technologies
- Data collection and management
- Data analysis
- Data visualisation
- Future of data science
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand key concepts in data science and their real-world applications
- Explain how data is collected, managed and stored in the context of data science
- Plan and generate visualisations from data using tools such as Python and Bokeh
- Work effectively with live data and utilise the opportunities presented by cloud services
The course is offered completely online, with assessments being conducted through coursework.
Our team of industry-leading teaching staff will guide your learnings through:
- Personal and group tutorials
- Online exercises
- Discussion forums, where you can discuss coursework and share opinions with your expert tutors and global network of students
- Supported code implementation
- Independent study
Find out more about Southampton Data Science Academy's Fundamentals of Data Science (Technical) course.