PFH Private University of Applied Sciences is one of the oldest universities in Lower Saxony, northwest Germany. PFH was founded to provide a impetus in the fields of science and teaching with a privately funded university that offers a programmes aligned to the real needs of the economy
PFH is an active contributor to securing Germany's position as a science and business location through its intensive training of qualified new managerial blood. The PFH meets these high aspirations through a consistent orientation towards practical experience, through its marked internationality and by developing innovative teaching programmes.
- Founded in 1995
- Privately organised and financed
- Fully accredited and state-recognised
- Campus studies and distance learning
The university approach
- Close cooperation with business and industry
- Specialisations developed with corporate partners
- Experts involved in teaching
- Project work and final theses in cooperation with companies
- Placement and career service for mediation with companies
- Regular company presentations, workshops and career forums
- International visiting professors and lecturers
PFH - The University for Entrepreneurs
The training of new entrepreneurs is acornerstone of the PFH. With more than 500 partner companies, the University has excellent links to business throughout Germany. Entrepreneurial thinking is also reflected in the student body, with a large percentage of students who specify setting up their own business as a career goal.
Business start-ups are an important mechanism for the transfer of knowledge and innovations from universities. That is why, for the fifth time, Stifterverband examines and compares what efforts universities are making to strengthen the start-up culture in Germany. The data is compiled into a PDF called Gründungsradar (or the start-up radar) with the ranking of the universities divided into several different categories.
According to the survey, we came in first place in the following 3/6 categories:
- Top small universities according to institutional anchorage (page 27)
- Top small universities according to institutional qualification (page 37)
- Top small universities according to monitoring and evaluation (page 53)
PFH University is one of the 142 universities funded by the Federal Ministry in Germany that is actively making efforts to strengthen the start-up culture. In the small universities category (page 19), our university ranks second overall with only 1,1 points behind the first one.