The programme will be both quantitative and qualitative and reflect the increasing internationalisation of business. There will be an emphasis on the application of accounting and finance techniques, underpinned by the relevant UK law and regulations and international standards.
- Gain practical accounting skills - Strongly linked to accounting in a practical environment and to the role of finance trained staff within the economy.
- Get workplace ready - Employability skills will be simultaneously developed to aid progression from study to employment.
- Specialise in areas of your choice - Specialise in relevant areas of practice such as tax advise and audit which will permit you to consider areas of interest in more depth through a range of elective modules.
- Close links with employers and professional accounting bodies - providing you with opportunities for industry relevant sessions to enhance your employability
- The Department of Accounting and Finance is committed to providing a high quality educational experience - focusing on teaching excellence through diverse approaches to learning, teaching and assessment that enable all students to maximise their potential.
- Learn key skills to help you in the future - The programme is designed to reflect the requirements of the ACCA professional papers.
- Learn from industry professionals - The core taught modules will be delivered by professionally qualified accountants who have years of industry experience and teaching students to pass ACCA exams.