École Polytechnique, also known as l’X, is the leading French institute which combines top-level research, academics, and innovation at the cutting-edge of science and technology. Its academic programs – Bachelor, Ingénieur Polytechnicien, Masters, Graduate Degrees and PhD – are highly selective and promote a culture of excellence with a strong emphasis on science, anchored in humanist traditions. The school produces socially responsible professionals who excel in leading complex and innovative projects which address current and future challenges facing our society.
L’X guarantees an outstanding experience to its international students, from their admission to their careers’ follow-up, providing them with very dedicated services, such as individual academic coaching, administrative and financial support and counseling, or Alumni mentoring. This unique environment, combined with the high-level of the students who go through a very selective process to access École Polytechnique, also attracts some of the most distinguished faculty in the world.
With its Research departments which are joint research units with the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), the École Polytechnique Research Center explores the frontiers of interdisciplinary knowledge to provide major contributions to science, technology, and society. L’X is also a founding member and a leader of the Paris-Saclay University, a major scientific and economic cluster which brings together top French higher education and research institutions, as well as R&D centers of prominent international companies.
ÉCOLE POLYTECHNIQUE IN FIGURES
- About 3,000 graduate students, 36% international, over 60 nationalities on campus
- 670 faculty members, 39% international
- 5:1 student to faculty ratio
- 11 academic departments with 1,600 personnel, 1,350 publications per year
- 32 double degree program agreements
- Ingénieur Polytechnicien Admission centers in 15 countries
- 1,500 student housing units
- 8,000 square meters of indoor sports facilities and 8 hectares of outdoor sports facilities