The Child & Adolescent Mental Health MSc will help you:
- Gain the skills, knowledge and awareness of child and adolescent psychological development.
- Promote child and adolescent mental health, identifying needs and recognising which therapeutic interventions are appropriate and why.
- Learn to provide collaborative and compassionate care and support for children and adolescents.
- Understand early identification, risk management and resilience.
- Develop your knowledge of assessment and evidence-based psychosocial interventions and contemporary issues in child and adolescent mental health.
- Enhance your ability to critically evaluate and reflect on your work or the work of others who care for individuals and families where there are significant concerns and vulnerability.
- Maintain the balance between working collaboratively while maintaining safe professional boundaries.
The course uses a sound evidence-base to prepare you for a career in a specialist workforce, where the development of ethical and culturally-sensitive practice and the placement of the child, young person and their carer are at the centre of decision-making and service re-design.