The Digital Art and Culture course provides a foundation in art and design and the opportunity for you to develop project-based work in creative coding, mixed media, digital video, digital sound, interactive media and other forms of computer art.
The primary focus of the course is to give you the knowledge and skills to articulate onto University and or Art School. This will include an understanding of the role that research plays in art and design and is reflective of your own creative practice. We are currently, because of the on-going success of the course formalising both 2nd and 3rd-year entry to BA (Hons) Interaction Design at Glasgow School of Art. On the course, we continually underpin the importance of developing an individual art and or design process rather than copying existing styles and ideas.
This course is placed on the Scottish Credit Qualifications Framework at Level 8. For more information on the framework visit: www.scqf.org.uk/the-framework/.
Follow the latest trends in new media, animation and other forms of computer art on the Computer Arts and Design Facebook page.
Visit Digital Art and Design on Vimeo:
The following Videos illustrate the range of projects and processes that our students work on while they are on the course:
- Physical and Interactive Computing using Arduino and Processing.
- Interactive/Games Design and Creative Coding using Processing.
- Digital Video using Adobe Premier and AfterAffects.
- GIF Animation using Adobe AfterAffects.
- Interactive Sound using Chuck, Ableton, and Processing.
- Digital Art, Interactive Art and Creative Coding using Processing.
- Interactive/Games Design and VR using 3D Max and Unreal Engine.