This course aims to provide you with key, advanced level knowledge and skills that will allow you to succeed in the rapidly growing wireless and microwave communication industry. You will also develop research skills and other related abilities, enhancing your general engineering competency, employability, and providing you with an excellent platform for career development, whether that be within industry or academic research.
More specifically, the programme aims to:
- Develop expertise in new and evolving areas of microwave engineering including mobile communications and medical applications of microwaves.
- Focus on areas including advanced computer aided design (CAD), measurement and characterisation and communication systems engineering.
- Cover laboratory work and advanced engineering management alongside modules in radio frequency engineering, advanced fabrication and test, advanced communication systems and non-linear RF design and concepts.
- Provide you with expertise in the areas of micro and nano-technology and optoelectronics.
- The opportunity to learn in a research-led teaching institution, taught by staff in one of the highest ranked university units in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), ranked 7th in the UK for research and 1st in the UK for the research impact.
- The opportunity to work in modern facilities and commensurate with a top-class research university.
- The participation of research-active staff in programme design and delivery.
- MSc teaching complemented by guest lectures given by industrial professionals.
- Formal accreditation by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
This course is also available with a Research Year or Year in Industry.