This well-established full-time MSc Sport & Exercise Physiotherapy course aims to develop sports physiotherapy practitioners to work at a specialist level within their field.
The course is suited to individuals working in a wide variety of sectors that involve managing people with sport or exercise related injuries, whether at high performance sport level or in a physiotherapy clinic.
The course has evolved thanks to input from national organisations such as the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sports Medicine (ACPSM) and international organisations such as the International Federation of Sports Physical Therapy (IFSPT).
It is designed to help you develop towards ACPSM Gold standard level, using competencies defined by IFSP, as well as developing the knowledge, skills and behaviours that could help you pursue a career in sport and exercise.
The course aims to develop your evaluative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and to increase your practical and theoretical knowledge of sports science and injury, so that you can apply these skills in the further advancement of your career.
Full-time students undertake the taught modules in one academic year and then have up to a further six months to complete the dissertation.
- The opportunity to learn in a School that is well respected within the physiotherapy profession and specifically within the sports physiotherapy specialist area.
- The involvement of research-active and clinical staff in course design and delivery.
- The emphasis on independent learning in a research-led environment.
- The emphasis on acquisition of high quality clinical reasoning skills and the development of innovative ideas.
- The opportunity to acquire the theoretical requirements of the Gold level Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sports Medicine certificate.
- Flexibility of delivery, enabling you to pursue a professional career in sport while studying part-time, or to take a career break and complete on a full-time basis.