This course is now full for September 2021 entry. You may still apply, but your application may be held on a waiting list (either prior to or following an interview). If your application is on a waiting list, we will inform you if a space becomes available by the end of June.
Why study BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science at BU?
- The course maintains small cohort sizes resulting in excellent lecturer-to-student ratio meaning more support, education and resource availability, throughout your three years.
- Experience over 2,000 hours of placement experience throughout the course in a diverse array of settings.
- This course is endorsed by the College of Paramedics and approved by the HCPC, so you will be able to register as a qualified practitioner once you graduate.
- Practice in state-of-the-art facilities at our brand-new Bournemouth Gateway Building, including a newly built ambulance simulation suite, hospital wards and community home settings.
- There are opportunities to undertake training and exercises at external locations across the region
- As well as providing emergency care for critically ill patients, you will develop advanced assessment and decision-making skills so you can decide the appropriate referral method for less seriously unwell patients.
- Our degree is endorsed by the College of Paramedics and approved by the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC). On successful completion of this course, you will be able to register as a qualified practitioner.
Funding support: Paramedic Science students may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Find out more information about the funding: https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund