Taught by experts with strong links to the legal profession, this course will provide you with an excellent overview of the field and equip you with the tools and knowledge to tackle real-world issues within the legal sector.
Why study LLB (Hons) Law at BU?
- Learn the fundamentals of law as well as the legal skills needed to work effectively with legal sources (case law and legislation)
- Tailor your degree from your second year, selecting units to suit your interests and preferred career path
- Undertake a 30-week work placement which, if it meets the necessary criteria, can count towards a portion of your training contract or qualifying work experience after you graduate
- Choose between two pathways in your final year, depending on whether you intend to become a solicitor or prefer to keep your career options open
- Join the Law Society where you can network, socialise, support charity work and, in turn, enhance your CV
- Benefit from field trips, guest lectures and gain practical experience by taking part in Moot Courts and Moot Show Trials.
Your qualifying law degree will be accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board.
We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.