Medical Science focuses on the cutting-edge science that underpins modern medicine, fostering new discoveries and technologies which improve healthcare. Learn how our bodies work, how disease is treated and how new technology is evolving in this field.
- Focus on the cutting-edge science that underpins modern medicine, fostering new discoveries and technologies which improve healthcare
- Learn how our bodies work, how disease is treated and how new technology is evolving in this field
- Choose one of two possible pathways: Medical Science or Psychology-focused Medical Science - you can choose to concentrate on a broad approach or focus on the specific role of psychology in medical science
- Spend a minimum 30-weeks in a practical setting in industry in your third year, ensuring you graduate with demonstrable scientific skills and the ability to disseminate them
- Develop the ability to undertake your own original research for the benefit of medical science
- We have recently invested in new state-of-the-art laboratory facilities so that you will have the best possible learning environment for developing the necessary practical skills for a career in medical science and the various opportunities it brings.
Your degree will be centred around developing the skills you need to work in professional practice, as well as equipping you with a variety of transferable skills that will give you a range of career options. We expect our graduates will find work in scientific, technical or research fields relating to their chosen pathway, for example:
- Developing augmented reality to transform surgical procedures
- Biopsychosocial - further research into the understanding of the human condition.