This course is available for Domestic students only.
Students enrolling in the this course are enrolling with Alphacrucis College. AC is the awarding Registered Training Organisation and deliver this course in partnership with Macquarie Leadership College. Macquarie Leadership College providing the training and assessment on behalf of Alphacrucis College.
The purpose of the course is to develop leaders. The course follows the fourfold logic of Dr Ian Jagelman, set out in his book, Identifying and Developing Christian Leaders (Jagelman is also involved in the Alphacrucis Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership award). According to Jagelman, leadership requires:
Therefore, this course is intended to provide participants with the following general education outcomes:
- demonstrates a broad knowledge of leadership theories and principles;
- identifies the worldview and values of individuals and organisations;
- ability to apply knowledge of leadership to a broad range of contexts, and depth in the area of specialisation;
- ability to think creatively to solve problems in workplace contexts
- demonstrates general research skills, particularly the ability to gather, understand and evaluate information;
- communicates effectively in both written and spoken communication;
- ability to evaluate and improve his or her own leadership performance in terms of professionalism as well as self management skills
Macquarie Leadership College is located in Newcastle, New South Wales.
20 hours a week, over three days (6.5 hours are counted as vocational placement). For more information refer to the timetable.
Applications for 2013 are now open. To apply click here or for more information please contact the MLC Registrar on 02 4954 7548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.