About the AISTS
The AISTS (International Academy of Sports Science and Technology) was founded in 2000 by the IOC, EPFL (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne), University of Lausanne, University of Geneva, IMD Business School, Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL), city of Lausanne and canton of Vaud.
A not-for-profit foundation, the AISTS is committed to professionalising sports management through continuing education, applied research and an engaging platform for industry connections.
Our Flagship Program, the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration
The AISTS Master of Advanced Studies in Sport Administration and Technology (MAS in Sport Administration) is a unique 15-month international postgraduate program in sports management, endorsed by the International Olympic Committee, and located in The Olympic Capital Lausanne, Switzerland.
What makes the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration degree unique?
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is a founding member of the AISTS, creating a deep connection with the Olympic Movement. The IOC and many International Sport Federations lecture in class regularly giving participants access to the latest theories and practices in the Olympic Movement and beyond
- We also collaborated with other sporting organizations such as FIFA, UEFA, and many private organizations
- The location of Lausanne, The Olympic Capital, with its high concentration of International Federations, the IOC, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), alongside international sporting events like Athletissima provides the ideal setting to study sports management
- The academic weight of having three prestigious universities co-sign the degree - The EPFL, University of Geneva and University of Lausanne
- The multi-disciplinary approach provides individuals with a 360° view of sport management with a wide range of topics covered including Management, Law, Sociology, Technology and Medicine
- The rich network of over 140 lecturers and speakers consisting of approximately 50% academics and 50% practitioners brings theory and practice together to provide a complete perspective of sports management
- The chance to work on a real-life client team project, research paper, and work experience giving hands-on experience in the world of sport
Who is the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration for?
The AISTS MAS in Sport Administration is targeted at candidates who have a university degree and previous work experience but wish to re-orientate their careers in the sports industry. It is also suitable for ex or current international athletes, or those working in sport already but wishing to broaden their knowledge, network, and expertise.
To ensure a personalized, interactive environment, the program is limited to 35-40 students.
What is the outline of the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration program?
Held in Lausanne, the Olympic Capital, participants are trained by experts in sport and academics, in the following multidisciplinary fields applied directly to sport.
- Management & Economics
This sports management education program includes nine months in the classroom (lectures, case studies, activities and field trips), two months of work experience in the sports industry, with the rest of the time spent on a team project and research paper.
- End of September - June: Lectures and Course Assignments, Written Exams & Team Project (must be completed in Lausanne) - Full-time.
- January - August: Research Paper
- August - December (of the following year): At least 8 weeks of work experience
- December (of the following year): Graduation Ceremony
The Master of Advanced Studies is not to be confused with the Bologna Master. The AISTS MAS in Sport Administration is a continuing education degree, similar to an MBA that is typically taken in addition to a Bologna Master. In lieu of the prerequisite Bologna Master’s degree, the program may accept students with a three-year undergraduate degree (Bologna Bachelor degree), if they have years of work experience.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Which academic institutions sign the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration degree?
The AISTS MAS in Sport Administration is a 15-month, full-time postgraduate program which is delivered in Lausanne, the Olympic Capital, Switzerland.
It is organised by AISTS on behalf of some of the best academic and technology institutes of Switzerland who co-sign the degree:
- UNIL (University of Lausanne)
- UNIGE (University of Geneva)