This course will provide you with an exciting opportunity to experience and prepare for Degree level undergraduate study at AAS College. This course will enable prospective international students, to refine their practice before entering a degree level in Art & Design. Students will engage themselves with life in Thessaloniki, Greece, during the two week course, participating in studio based projects and trips to some of the city's famous museums and galleries.
- Introduce self-reflection and a critical analysis as an integral part of the creative learning experience
- To build upon an applicants skills in communicating ideas, verbal and written.
This course is led by members of the teaching staff from the Graphic Design Course of AAS College. Its aim is to introduce overseas students to basic principles in graphic design, illustration, photography and typography.
The course is designed to build confidence when researching new ideas through short quick projects, and to enable students to present their designs, both verbally and in a 2D or 3D format. Projects will use Thessaloniki as the principle source of reference when creating work and the final work will be the subject of discussion in class by the tutors and the group as a whole.
Students will cover the following:
- Use of drawing and colour materials in presenting design ideas
- Research skills - how to use the resources of Thessaloniki’s (shops, museums and galleries) as sources of inspiration
- Introduction to basic Industry Software
- How to solve problems regarding text and image using design, illustration, photography and typography.
- Translating work in different media to a digital format
- Exploring ideas across forms, including illustration, photography, and typography.
At the end of the course students will:
- Be able to present their graphic design, both text and image, and communicate their visual ideas.
- Be able to show the research and creative process as they develop finished work.
- Have a good understanding of the basic principles of graphic design, illustration, photography and typography.