Ask Anna – Is Taking an English Language Test Necessary?

By StudyLink

“Is taking an English Language Test necessary for entry into all undergraduate and postgraduate programmes?”
Yes, all students must take an English language test if they wish to apply for undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at foreign universities where the courses are taught in English. In addition, while applying for a student visa for most destinations, it’s mandatory to show proof of English language ability.
You must also remember that your success at university will depend on your ability to express yourself well in your class, in written papers and in your examinations.
If your native language is not English, you should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination (academic modules) in your home country.
Please log into and for more information.
If you need further help, visit us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Do you have a question for Anna? Write your question in the comments box below and one of our team will get back to you shortly. The best question will be chosen for next month’s newsletter!

The latest articles on StudyLink

StudyLink recommends

Sign Up to StudyLink

Sign up to StudyLink, the home of quality study abroad advice.

Click Here to Sign Up Now
  • Receive the StudyLink News newsletter
  • Save your favourite courses to build a shortlist
  • Be the first to find out about exciting new study opportunities

Join Our Newsletter


Sign up to today for free and be the first to hear about any new study abroad opportunities

Subscribe Now