Due to recent proposed changes in the structure of UK postgraduate dental education, which not only affect eligibility for Royal College of Surgeons qualifications, but also, with the new NHS dental contract, Department of Health dentists with extended skills (DES) status, the University is to re-align our MSc in Endodontics programme, to maximize the opportunities which the aforementioned changes in UK postgraduate dentistry will offer.
We believe that this will offer our successful dental postgraduates even greater opportunities to further their careers.Who is the course for?This part-time programme is aimed at practising dentists who wish to successfully develop advanced knowledge and skills for the general practice of endodontic care, with minimum time away from practice.
Course Content:InductionCertificate stageDiploma stageMSc stageOnline inductionPrinciples of Endodontics (MD965) 60 CATSSurgical Endodontics (MD966) 20 CATSEither:Attendance at Welcome day Clinical Practice in Endodontics (MD964) 40 CATSProfessional Project (MD955) 40 CATS plus one option module from: Clinical Quality Improvement and Risk Management (MH927) 20 CATS Introduction to Management in Health Service Organisations (MH928) 20 CATS or: Dissertation (MD954) 60 CATSEntry requirements:
The essential entry requirements for dentists are enthusiasm, strong determination and a desire to study at Masters level to further professional development. If you have these qualities then this type of programme is for you.
Applicants are also expected to:
- Hold a license to practise dentistry (BDS or LDS or international equivalent)
- Be a current member of the General Dental Council
- Have their own indemnity insurance for practising dentistry
- Normally have completed one year post-qualification, which may be vocational training where appropriate
- All candidates must satisfy the Board of Graduate Studies’ requirements for entry
The MSc in Endodontics is assessed by asignments, clinical cases and professional project or dissertation.
If your first language is not English, you must have completed an English language test in advance. We require:
- IELTS score of at least 6.5 overall (with 6.5 in the reading and writing components)
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) score of 55
If you have scored below this, you may be offered pre-sessional English language training at the University.