Getting the right product to the right place in the right quantity at the right time, in the best condition and at an acceptable cost is the challenge of logistics. It is an area that embraces purchasing and supplier management, materials management and manufacturing, inventory management and warehousing, distribution and transport, and customer service.
Logistics and transport offers a career that will continually develop an individual's potential and reward ambition in a challenging global environment. Since the demand for logistics professionals outstrips the supply, there are excellent opportunities for rapid career progression for those with the drive to succeed.
Careers in logistics and transport offer early responsibility, exciting challenges with good remuneration and opportunities to travel. The typical student for this pathway seeks a generalist background enabling them to exploit any of the job opportunities found within the logistics industries.
Logistics and Transport offers a career that will continually develop an individual's potential and reward ambition in a challenging global environment. Since the demand for logistics professionals outstrips the supply, there are excellent opportunities for rapid career progression for those with the drive to succeed. Careers in transportation offer early responsibility, exciting challenges with good remuneration and opportunities to travel.
Year One - Level 4 - HNC/HND/BSc (Hons)
- Management and eBusiness
- Statistics for Logistics
- Transport Planning and Professional Competence
- Introduction to Logistics
- Warehouse Management
- Introduction to Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- Skills for Professional Practice
- Financial Management and Economics
- Research Methods
- Transport and Society
- Sustainable Logistics
- Logistics Modelling
- Social Trends and Consumerism
Year Three - Level 6 - BSc (Hons)
- Operations Analysis
- Human Resource Management
- Procurement and Contract Law
- International Logistics
- plus a 40-credit Dissertation
This programme has been revalidated to meet the needs of this rapidly changing sector.
Please check our website for up-to-date details for accreditation with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transportation (CILT).
- Graham Orr (Programme Director)
- Alan Hughes (Year Tutor)
Other FACE Staff members delivering this programme.
Assessment methods include a variety of written formats from essays (ranging from 1,750 words up to 2,750 words in length), oral presentations delivered both in a group and individually, and both seen and unseen examinations.
In addition to summative assessments the programme includes a range of formative assessments that may include one or more of the following: peer assessed work; group presentations; reflective journals; blogs and wikis; internet searches; document analysis; and, bibliographic exercises.
Six months after graduation, all graduates are in employment or further study.
Our Logistics and motorsport Management programmes cover a broad range of topics that can lead to a huge number of careers. Here is a list of our recent graduates new job roles:
- Architecture engineer at Jaguar Land Rover
- Associate Personal Banker at Natwest
- Based at Silverstone Innovation Centre, working for CMA Marketing
- Branch Manager at Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK
- Business Development Manager at Old Hall Performance
- CEO and Founder and Owner at ESL Teacher Recruitment
- Consultant at SNC-Lavalin Rail & Transit - formerly Interfleet
- Demand Planner at Actavis UK Ltd
- E-Commerce Assistant at Demon Tweeks
- Finance Officer at Neath Port Talbot CBC
- Graduate Logistics Procurement Executive at Tesco Plc
- International Relation Officer at Round Table Norway
- Local Business Development Executive at Trainer BMW
- Material Planner at Caterpillar UK
- Owner at Undercover Imports: an e-Commerce Japanese car accessories, parts and lifestyle products business
- Power Systems Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover
- Project Executive at Motorsport Industry Association
- Property Manager at Prodrive
- Proprietor at Arch Attack
- Sales Coordinator at McLaren GT
- Senior Consultant, Business Transformation at Babcock International
- Senior Partnership Manager at PRISM - Public Relations & International Sports Marketing
- Senior Transport Consultant at Foster Tachographs Limited - experts in EC Drivers' Hours Law & Analysis
- SLD Member/CVD Organiser/Graphic Designer at Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway
- Transport Assistant at NFT Distribution
- Transport Supervisor at Norbert Dentressangle
- Website Manager at Owen Developments
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management - BSc | HND
- Motorsport Management - BSc | HND