The programme s are designed to ensure that prospective and practising managers have a sound understanding of the operational, technical and personal aspects of the day-to-day management of all types of logistic operations, their facilities and infrastructure.
During their studies students develop and enhance:
- their powers of persuasion through the improvement of their oral and written communication skills;
- their analytical skills through developing the ability to sift information quickly and produce coherent reports;
- their ability to plan and coordinate the allocation of resources and their ability to manage a workforce with due recognition of diversity in all of its forms.
In other words students develop the attributes of a good manager and one that recognises that gaining a BSc(Hons) is just the start of the process of Continual Professional Development.
Supply chain management offers a career that will continually develop an individual's potential and reward ambition in a challenging global environment. And since the demand for logistics professionals outstrips the supply, there are excellent opportunities for rapid career progression for those with the drive to succeed.
Careers in logistics and supply chain management offer early responsibility, exciting challenges with good remuneration and opportunities to travel.
Level 4 - HNC/HND/BSc (Hons)
- Management and eBusiness
- Statistics for Logistics
- Transport Planning and Professional Competence
- Introduction to Logistics
- Warehouse Management
- Introduction to Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- Skills for Professional Practice
- Financial Management and Economics
- Research Methods
- Supply Chain Strategies
- Sustainable Logistics
- Logistics Modelling
- Social Trends and Consumerism
Level 6 - BSc (Hons)
- Operations Analysis
- Human Resource Management
- Procurement and Contract Law
- International Logistics
- plus a 40-credit Dissertation
This programme has been revalidated to meet the needs of this rapidly changing sector.
Please check our website for up-to-date details for accreditation with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transportation (CILT).
- Graham Orr (Programme Director)
- Alan Hughes (Year Tutor)
Other FACE Staff members delivering this programme.
The course is assessed by a mixture of coursework, presentations and examinations.
Six months after graduation, all graduates are in employment or further study.
Our Logistics and motorsport Management programmes cover a broad range of topics that can lead to a huge number of careers. Here is a list of our recent graduates new job roles:
- Architecture engineer at Jaguar Land Rover
- Associate Personal Banker at Natwest
- Based at Silverstone Innovation Centre, working for CMA Marketing
- Branch Manager at Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK
- Business Development Manager at Old Hall Performance
- CEO and Founder and Owner at ESL Teacher Recruitment
- Consultant at SNC-Lavalin Rail & Transit - formerly Interfleet
- Demand Planner at Actavis UK Ltd
- E-Commerce Assistant at Demon Tweeks
- Finance Officer at Neath Port Talbot CBC
- Graduate Logistics Procurement Executive at Tesco Plc
- International Relation Officer at Round Table Norway
- Local Business Development Executive at Trainer BMW
- Material Planner at Caterpillar UK
- Owner at Undercover Imports: an e-Commerce Japanese car accessories, parts and lifestyle products business
- Power Systems Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover
- Project Executive at Motorsport Industry Association
- Property Manager at Prodrive
- Proprietor at Arch Attack
- Sales Coordinator at McLaren GT
- Senior Consultant, Business Transformation at Babcock International
- Senior Partnership Manager at PRISM - Public Relations & International Sports Marketing
- Senior Transport Consultant at Foster Tachographs Limited - experts in EC Drivers' Hours Law & Analysis
- SLD Member/CVD Organiser/Graphic Designer at Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway
- Transport Assistant at NFT Distribution
- Transport Supervisor at Norbert Dentressangle
- Website Manager at Owen Developments
- Logistics and Transport - BSc | HND
- Motorsport Management - BSc | HND
It is possible to complete this programme of study without any additional costs.
Students may wish to purchase materials for modules, such as major project but this is not a requirement and will have no bearing on the final grade.